THIS CONTEST IS OVER. WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER IN OUR SEPTEMBER 2013 ISSUE.
America’s Smartest Shopper Video Contest
Do you consider yourself the savviest spender in the land? Now’s your chance to claim the title—and win a $1,000 cash card! Send a short video (60 seconds or less) telling us about your smartest shopping strategy and the most amazing deal it helped you nab in recent months. Your savings score could be large or small—from a new car to some cans of soup. Videos will be judged on a mix of criteria including savings strategy, creativity, percentage saved, video presentation and adherence to the rules.
After ALL YOU editors post eight finalist videos on allyou.com you, the readers, will be able to vote on your favorite! Our panel of savings experts will ultimately choose the grand-prize winner (who will get a $1,000 cash card) and two runners-up (each wins a $250 cash card).
Rules and Regulations
Criteria for video submissions:
Videos should be no longer than 60 seconds. In your video, identify at least one of your smartest shopping strategies. Illustrate it with an impressive deal you scored within the past several months. Be sure to mention the item’s original price and the amount you saved and, if appropriate, show the relevant product or products. If possible, avoid showing logos or brand names. Keep in mind that background music, inappropriate displays, or overt display of brands and logos will disqualify your submission. If you are selected to be a finalist, we will require that you provide receipts to verify your purchase within 10 days of the date the request is made. Receipts can be faxed (212-467-0483) or mailed (135 W. 50th St., New York, NY 10020) to ALL YOU, Attention: Lily DiCostanza.
1. How to enter: The contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time (ET) on Feb. 22, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 29, 2013. Visit allyou.com/smartshopping to learn more about the contest and upload your video. Limit one entry per person. Videos should not exceed 60 seconds; those exceeding 1 minute may not be considered. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual-property rights of any third party, (2) has not been posted anywhere else.
2. Judging: ALL YOU editors and our panel of judges will select eight finalists based on the following criteria: skill displayed in the savings strategy (30%); creativity of the deal (20%); savings, considering the percentage, not dollars, saved (20%); video presentation, or the video’s ability to engage the viewer (15%); and fulfillment of the entry requirements (15%). The finalists’ videos will be featured on allyou.com from April 15, 2013 to May 24, 2013, when readers are encouraged to vote for their favorite. After tallying the votes, the ALL YOU panel of judges will select the grand-prize winner, who will be announced along with two runners-up on August 23, 2013. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail the week after May 31, 2013. The winning video will be posted on allyou.com from August 23, 2013, through September 20, 2013.
3. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 19 or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and participating advertising and promotion agencies (including members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. Prize description: The first-place winner will receive a $1,000 American Express gift card, will be featured on allyou.com, and may appear in a future issue of the magazine. The runners-up will each receive a $250 card. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. The prize is not transferable. Allyou.com reserves the right to edit or remove any blog content submitted by any contestant, including the winner, at any time for any reason.
5. Conditions of participation: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any post, etc., and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such post. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, and republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted posts, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within five days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the video and other materials submitted are original and have never been shown or posted on the Internet or anywhere else. Failure to comply with the deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, video, and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold and assign Sponsor and its promotional partners, directors, officers, and employees harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, Entrant or Winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his/her prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic-transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone-equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned.
7. Governing law: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the State of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class-action suits.
8. Severability: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. Winner’s list: For name of the winners, log on to allyou.com/shoppercontest on or after August 23, 2013. The names and videos of the winner and runners-up will be available there until September 20, 2013.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is ALL YOU magazine, 135 West 50th Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10020.