Look prettier faster with these beauty tips and quick tricks from makeup pros.
Getting pretty doesn't have to take all day. Streamline your beauty efforts, and give youself some more time in the mornings, with these 22 "get gorgeous" tips, favorite product finds and fast shortcuts from beauty professionals.
1. Brighten your eyes: To make them look wider, dust a shimmery gold shadow inside brow arches and in the little hollows next to tear ducts.
2. Prime your lids: Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to eyelids before using makeup to help shadow stay put and attain in a soft, dewy glow.
3. Draw attention to the peepers: Instead of trying to intensify the look of your shadow by adding multiple layers, make one pass with a damp flat brush.
4. Drop weight instantly: Choose a brownish matte blush that's not too dark (bronzers stand out too much), and sweep it lightly below your cheekbones, at your temples and along the jawline. Blend carefull for a natural look.
5. Plump your pout: Dotting a light, shimmery gloss in the center of your lips creates a more visible 3-D effect.
6. Fake a good night’s sleep: Line the lower inner rim of eyes with a peachy-nude pencil to tone down redness. Skip white liner—it looks harsh and obvious.
7. Fix cakey concealer: Lightly dab just a dot of eye cream on your skin, patting with your ring finger to instantly smooth lines and cracks without removing color.
8. Style a simple updo: To put a modern twist on the classic chignon, braid your hair first, then swirl into an oval—not a round—bun.
9. Polish your coif: Annoying static and flyaways can wreck your style. Try this taming trick: Mist a firm-hold hairspray onto an old toothbrush and use it to smooth the hairline and any errant strands.
10. Smooth out your ponytail: Lift your chin up toward the ceiling when gathering your hair to eliminate puffiness at the nape.
11. Keep hair looking and smelling divine: Most perfumes contain drying alcohol, so avoid spraying your hair directly. Instead, spritz some into your hands, wait several seconds for the alcohol to disappear, then run fingers through your locks.
12. Create no-crimp, tousled waves: Hold a clamp-free curling iron vertically—or simply leave the clamp closed on a traditional tool—and wrap small sections around the barrel like a candy cane, pulling the ends taut with fingers.
13. Camouflage gray roots: Hide regrowth with powder eye shadow that matches your natural hair color. Set with hairspray.
14. Plump fine hair in a hurry: To transform limp strands into luscious locks, turn to the stylists’ secret weapon: dry shampoo. Lightly spray at roots of unwashed hair, massaging gently through the scalp, then brush out the excess. Use it to add texture to clean locks, too.
15. Set your style: Have you ever wondered what the cool button on your hair dryer is for? Immediately after styling, press the button and go over your coif a final time—the cold air sets hair in place.
16. Tone your legs without the workout: Rub a thin line of baby oil into the front of calves and thighs. It makes legs appear more toned and sexy in seconds.
17. De-puff eyes: Place chilled cucumber slices over tired eyes, or massage bags away with a product that uses a rolling ball applicator and
is formulated with caffeine. The cooling roller-ball applicator stimulates circulation while caffeine tightens.
18. Calm an angry pimple: Freeze a cotton swab soaked with Visine, then place on the blemish until the solution defrosts. The coldness reduces swelling while the formula zaps the redness.
19. Take out the sting: Chill tweezers in the freezer for several minutes before plucking. It numbs skin and minimizes the ouch factor. Groom brows
right after showering, when skin is soft and hair pulls out more easily.
20. Stop blisters in their tracks: Here’s a quick fix for sweaty feet: Rub a stick antiperspirant on the sides and bottom of clean, dry feet to lubricate problem spots.
21. Do a quickie French manicure: Buff polish-free nails to a high shine, then draw under each nail tip with a white pencil.
22. Even out a splotchy faux tan job: Rub half a lemon on dark patches to exfoliate the outer layer of skin. Next time, try diluting self-tanner with body lotion
for a more subtle, streak-free effect.