Looking to try out a new shade this season? Swap your neutral makeup for the season's biggest, prettiest color trend: orchid.
Brighten your complexion
- If you have fair skin, opt for a cream blush in this soft shade—also named the Pantone Color of the Year.
Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in Orchid Hush, $7; at mass retailers
- If your skin is darker, go with orchid lips.
CoverGirl LipPerfection lipstick in Divine, $7; at mass retailers
Accentuate your eyes
- A subtle wash of orchid eye shadow amplifies blue eyes, flatters brown eyes and makes green eyes appear greener. For best results, use a primer first.
Milani Runway Eyes in Couture in Purples, $10; cvs.com
Ease your way in
- Have a case of colorphobia? Baby-step into the shade with a nail polish.
Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail color in Love Train, $5; at mass retailers
- Or consider a pretty spring scarf or tank top as a low-commitment way to experiment with the hue.