SALLY HANSEN & ALLYOU.COM
MOMMY MANICURE CONTEST
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
1. Sponsors: Coty US LLC, 1 Park Avenue, 4th floor, New York, NY 10016. ALL YOU,
135 West 50th Street, New York, NY 10020.
2. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 W. 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
3. Eligibility: The Mommy Manicure Contest ("Contest”") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least 16 years of age and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access prior to the beginning of the Contest Period. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months prior to the start of the Contest, performed services for Sponsors, Administrator, or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying the prizes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
4. Contest Entry: The Contest begins on or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 5/1/12 and ends 11:59:59 pm ET on 5/22/12 (“Contest Period”).
Step 1 – Registration
Navigate the internet to allyou.com (“Website”) and click the contest ‘enter now’ button to access the entry form. Complete the online entry form with your first name, last name, city, state, e-mail address, phone number and date of birth.
Step 2 – Upload Photograph
Upload one (1) photo showing off your and your mother’s creative and original manicures. Your mother may be your biological mother, adoptive mother, step-mother or foster mother. Entrant must submit an original photo (DO NOT COPY OTHERS’ WORKS). If photo is taken by a third party, entrant must have secured all rights/clearances to the photo from the photographer; and, Sponsors/Administrator may condition Contest eligibility on entrant timely furnishing adequate proof of entrant obtaining such rights/clearances. Only entrant him/herself and his/her mother (and no other persons) may appear in photo; be sure to identify your mother as “Mom” in the photo. Use of photo-editing software or the like to modify or enhance the photo of entrant and his/her mother is strictly prohibited. For the avoidance of doubt, entrant and his/her mother must be photographed in the same raw capture. File attachment must be in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF or PDF. Total file size must be no larger than 2MB and no lower than 100 KB at 72dpi,
Carefully read the Official Rules, then click the check box signifying that you have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules.
IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST OR WIN A PRIZE.
Send your Entry by clicking the “Submit” button. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsors of such Entry.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from Sponsors. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Contest and does not improve your chances of winning. For further information, please see the respective privacy policies accessible via www.coty.com and https://subscription.timeinc.com/storefront/privacy/allyou/generic_privacy_new.html?dnp-source=E.
Participation must be effected in accordance with these Official Rules. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The same individual must register for the Contest as per Step 1 and upload a photograph of him/herself and his/her mother in Step 2. Once submitted, photo cannot be modified by entrant. Joint/group entries are prohibited. No entries may be effected (in whole or in part) on behalf of someone else.
Entries: (i) must be the original and sole creation of the entrant, must be truthful in all material respects, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in any Entry, must be owned solely by the submitting entrant, (ii) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (iii) may not have been previously published, (iv) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light, (v) may not violate any law, rule or regulation, (vi) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material, and (vii) may not, for example but not limited to, contain, profanity, defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive to individuals of any certain race, ethnicity, religious, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry complies with all of those conditions. Step 2 element of Entry cannot contain, among other things, the trademark, tradename or logo of any third party or entity or product, cannot name, or describe any person (living, dead, or fictional) other than the Entrant and his/her mother, and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. Any non-complying Entry with any of the above will be subject to disqualification. By entering, each Entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) grants permission for the use of the step 2 element of his/her Entry, and his/her name, to be posted on the Internet and Web site or any web site in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsors); and each Entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) warrants and represents that he/she has all right and authority to grant such permission. Such posting is for entertainment purposes only and has no bearing on whether (or not) entrant is selected as the potential prize winner. Upon request and without consideration, Entrant further agrees to assist Sponsors in obtaining a similar grant of rights from his/her mother. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, however, there is no obligation of the Sponsors or any other person or entity to post or make any use of the Entry of any particular entrant, or of any entrant (or his/her mother).
Entry Limits: Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person/email address. For the avoidance of doubt, if more than one (1) of a mother’s children wish to enter the Contest (assuming they are eligible), each child must submit his/her own Entry and photo with his/her mother. Multiple entries in excess of the stated limitations or mass Entry attempts by any method will result in disqualification of all Entries by such person/email address. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated Entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of Entry, is prohibited. Entries must be received and recorded by the Administrator’s computer during Contest Period to be considered eligible. Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified.
5. Rights: By submitting an Entry, each Entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) acknowledges and agrees that if the Entry is determined to be a Prize winner, by acceptance of a prize, each winning Entrant grants to Sponsors and their licensees, sublicensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”), the exclusive irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicenseable right and license (including but not limited to, all intellectual property and proprietary rights including without limitation patents, trademarks, and copyrights) to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, manufacture, construct, tailor, distribute, sell, offer to sell, import and/or otherwise exploit the Entry in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised (collectively, the “License”). The rights granted pursuant to the License shall also include, without limitation, the right to: (a) change, alter, distort, edit or revise the Entry, or any part thereof; and (b) make derivative works based on the Entry, or any part thereof. Entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to sign any documents required by Sponsors upon request to confirm such License.
6. Judging: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, Entries received and recorded during the Contest Period will be judged by an official judging panel, consisting o designated representatives of Sponsors. Judging will be based on the following criteria: Overall Representation of the Sally Hansen Brand (40%); Quality of photo (20%); creativity/originality (40%). In the event of a tie, the Entry from among all such tied entries with the higher/highest score in the “Overall Representation of the Sally Hansen Brand” criterion will be considered the winner. Judging will take place between 5/23/12 and 5/31/12. Decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects as regards the judging.
7. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") – (5 total winners):
Grand Prize (1 winner): Winner will receive a mother/daughter spa treatment at a local spa (prize to be awarded as a gift card which is subject to terms and conditions thereon). ARV of Grand Prize: $500.
First Prize (1 winner): Winner will receive a Sally Hansen gift basket consisting of the following items: five (5) Salon Effects; two (2) Complete Salon Manicure; two (2) Airbrush Legs; one (1) Simple Spa; one (1) Ultimate Hand Shield Hand Creme; one (1) Moisturizing Foot Creme; one (1) Zero Bumps; one (1) Lip Inflation Extreme; one (1) Peptide Lip Line Treatment; one (1) Nip em on the Go Nipper; one (1) Perfect the Arch Tweezers; one (1) Salon Manicure Smooth & Strong Base Coat; one (1) Salon Manicure Ultra-Wear Top Coat; one (1) Salon Manicure Eraser + Balm. ARV of First Prize: $200.
Second Prize (3 winners): Each winner will receive a Sally Hansen gift basket consisting of the following items: two (2) Salon Effects; one (1) Complete Salon Manicure; one (1) Airbrush Legs; one (1) Simple Spa; one (1) Ultimate Hand Shield Hand Creme; one (1) Lip Inflation Extreme; one (1) Moisture Twist; one (1) Nip em on the Go Nipper; one (1) Salon Manicure Eraser + Balm. ARV of each Second Prize: $100.
Total ARV of all prizes: $1,000.
Limit of one prize per person, address or household.
8. Additional Prize Restrictions: No substitution, transfer or cash redemption of prizes except Sponsors in their sole discretion may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding. In all cases, gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions indicated thereon. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
9. Winner Notification: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about 6/1/12. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within 3 business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after 2 attempts will result in disqualification, and prize forfeiture. Potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return within 3 business days of date on notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law. If documents are not returned on a timely basis, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner of the prize is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If potential winner is disqualified for any reason, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in accordance with the judging procedure as stated in Rule 6 above.
10. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible, mail or Internet connections or email; or for any computer, telephone, wireless, satellite, cable, network, electronic, Internet or phone hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use net/accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, Internet contact, or any technical error, or program errors or malfunctions or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Web site. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, as solely determined by Sponsors, including but not limited to by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures that can corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsors shall conduct the Contest and award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/ modification/suspension of the Contest will be posted on the Website. The right is reserved by Sponsors to disqualify any individual found, at its sole discretion, to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Website, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Contest. Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSORS, SPONSORS MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
11. Additional Conditions: By participating, entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and/or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Contest, entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, and property or breach or failure or any representation of warranty arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or from the acceptance misuse or use of any prize. By entering, entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) authorize the Released Parties to use the their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material and on a winner's list (if applicable) in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world-wide and on the World Wide Web and Internet, at any time, in perpetuity, without additional compensation (where permitted by law) and without review, approval or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsors are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsors sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
EXCEPT FOR SALLY HANSEN GIFT BASKET PRIZES SPONSORS MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
14. Winners’ List: For the names of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Mommy Manicure Contest Winners”, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 W. 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001, for receipt no later than 6/29/12.