Lemons don't just belong in your fridge! You can save money by using this fruit from head to toe in place of expensive beauty
- Freshen bad breath. Gargle with lemon juice and water to kill odor-causing bacteria, or suck on the lemon wedge served with your water.
- Soften skin. Combine lemon zest with sugar and soak the mixture with olive oil for 30 minutes for a homemade body scrub. Give a little
extra TLC to dry patches on the elbows, ankles and knees.
- Add sunny highlights. Want to lighten your tresses a notch or two? Mix lemon juice with your favorite conditioner and apply to damp locks before
heading out to catch some rays.
- Fix a streaky tan. To lighten a botched self-tanning job, rub a halved lemon over the area.
- Whiten yellow nails. Soak fingers in lemon juice for five minutes. To prevent stains in the future, apply a clear protective base coat before
- Zap zits. Try lemon juice on blackheads at night to clear up skin.