Just because they're cool and casual doesn't mean shorts can't go to the office―or get a little glam.
- Swap the T-shirt for a blouse or a button-front shirt for instant polish.
- Slip on a dressier shoe. Warning: The heel should be no higher than an inch or so, otherwise you'll enter trashy territory.
- Pick shorts with a lean, clean line. (Cargo pockets are only for carrying your camping gear.)
- Accessorize shorts as you would a nice pair of pants, with a belt and a pretty handbag.
- Don't try to dress up shorts by wearing them with hose of any kind―not in this century.
SUMMER STYLE FOR LESS