GO ONLINE FOR CLOTHING DEALS
Discover a whole new bargain-shopping world with these webites and apps.
- "Like" your top brands: Almost all major retailers have a Facebook page on which they announce last-minute deals and promotions.
- Check in on foursquare: While you’re out shopping, see if you can check in with the app and receive a special deal. Two recent offers: 20 percent off one item at H&M and 15 percent off all purchases at American Eagle.
- Follow @CheapTweet: Create a list of your favorite stores on Twitter to keep all your deals in one place. The cheaptweet.com search engine scours thousands of promotions and highlights the best of the day on its Twitter account.
Online Sample Sales
- Move quickly: These sales last only a few hours or days. Set an alarm for when your favorite sites begin sales (ruelala.com sales, for example, start every morning at 11). Because most people start from the top of the page, scroll to the bottom, where items don’t sell out as quickly.
- Invite friends and earn cash: Most online sample sale sites reward you for telling a friend about them. When your friend makes her first purchase on ideeli.com, you receive a $25 credit (ruelala.com and hautelook.com credit $10). Shopping for kids? Zulily.com credits users $15 for each referral.
- Yowza: (free; for iPhone and Android devices, and Palm Pre and Blackberry phones through the Where app) Sign up to receive coupons for shops within 50 miles of your location and be notified when your favorite stores introduce promotions.
- ShopSavvy: (free; for iPhone and Android devices) This tool lets you comparison shop without doing hours of research. Scan the bar code of a garment and the app will show you the best price in your area or online.
- Shopkick: (free; for iPhone and Android phones) This app rewards you just for walking into a store. Open the app to earn a discount at a select retailer or “kicks” you can redeem later for deals, like iTunes or other retail gift cards.