ALL YOU Ultimate Health Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. HOW TO ENTER: The ALL YOU Ultimate Health Challenge contest begins 12:01 a.m. EDT on May 21, 2012, and ends 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 22, 2012. To enter online, each participant must complete the sign-up sheet and sign and return the release form (or “entry form”) linked to the Challenge invitation e-mail by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 20, 2012. At the end of the 12-week Challenge, you must submit a 250-word essay online detailing the healthy changes you made over the course of the 12-week contest, as well as an after photo of yourself by 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 15, 2012. Limit one entry per person or household. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by ALL YOU staff, based on the following criteria: The quality of healthy changes made while following the ALL YOU Ultimate Health Challenge as related in the essay entry (75 percent), Photogenic Qualities and Appropriateness to Contest Theme (25 percent). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker” judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or phone by August 22, 2012.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant[s]”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One grand-prize winner will receive round-trip travel for herself (economy class) to New York City from the airport nearest to her primary residence and two nights’ accommodations (one room) at a local-area hotel determined by the sponsor. Travel arrangements, hotel accommodations and any other prize component subject to availability and chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Certain blackout periods and other restrictions may apply. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. Grand-prize winner(s) must travel on dates specified by Sponsor, participate in photo shoot for Sponsor and allow for publication of photos. The grand-prize winner may be featured on the cover of and in an article in a future issue of ALL YOU magazine that includes personal details related to her health challenge experience. Once scheduled, the itinerary cannot be altered. Actual value of prize may vary based on timing and point of departure. Winner(s) are responsible for all other expenses not included in the prize package, including, without limitation, ground travel, parking, meals, room service, souvenirs, phone calls, incidentals, tips and other personal expenses. Approximate retail value: $1,000. One second-prize winner will receive one FitDesk™, a stationary exercise bike with a built-in deck that allows a user to mount to her laptop. Please note that if winner lives in Canada, Alaska or Hawaii, shipping costs are the responsibility of the winner. Approximate retail value: $289. One third-prize winner will receive one gift card to Sports Authority. Approximate retail value: $100. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any photo(s), essay and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such photo(s), essay and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote and republish at anytime in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photo(s) and essay along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within five days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the photo, essay and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information and/or essay, photograph(s) and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winner(s) agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property including death relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence that the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or that reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of her prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class-action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after September 30, 2012, log on to www.allyou.com.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is ALL YOU, a division of the Time Inc. Lifestyle Group, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y. 10020.