Criteria for Submissions
A nominee can be a member of the active duty military (abroad or domestic) or military reserves, a veteran or a parent or spouse of a soldier who is serving in some way while she manages the responsibilities of the home as her spouse is serving. Your essay (three to five paragraphs) should include the nominee’s name, age, address and photo, as well as your relationship with her. In it, tell us her story, including what makes her inspiring, citing examples of the challenges she faces, her character, her service to others and her bravery (if appropriate).
1. How to enter: The contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time (ET) on June 27, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 11, 2014. To enter, visit allyou.com and upload your story and photo. Limit one entry per person, and entrees exceeding 800 words may not be considered. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual-property rights of any third party and (2) has not been posted anywhere else.
2. Judging: ALL YOU editors will select 3 nominees based on the emotional resonance and perceived reader interest of each woman’s story and the whether the entry adheres to the criteria: illustrating the challenges the nominee faces as well as the qualities of character, service to others, and bravery (if she has been in combat). ALL YOU editors will select the three winning entries on July 17, who will be announced in a future issue of ALL YOU. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail after July 17, 2014. The winning stories will also be posted on allyou.com on or around November 2014.
3. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 19 or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries and participating advertising and promotion agencies (including members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. Prize description: The three winners will be featured in a future issue of ALL YOU magazine, and each will receive a gift card valued at $250. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. The prize is not transferable. Allyou.com reserves the right to edit or remove any blog content submitted by any contestant, including the winner, at any time for any reason.
5. Conditions of participation: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any post, etc., and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such post. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote and republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted posts, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information and any other information provided by Entrant in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 5 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the video and other materials submitted are original and have never been shown or posted on the Internet or anywhere else. Failure to comply with the deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, video and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold and assign Sponsor and its promotional partners, directors, officers and employees harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property, relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, Entrant or Winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his/her prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic-transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone-equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned.
7. Governing law: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the State of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class-action suits.
8. Severability: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. Winner’s list: For names of the winners, log on to allyou.com/militarymoms on or after November 15, 2014.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is TI Media Solutions, Inc., 135 W. 50th St., 2nd floor, New York, NY 10020.